|Online program tuition*
|Optional field course
- Four 8-week online courses
- One yearlong capstone project course
- Unlimited access to all online course materials
- Technology use and other service fees
- Support from mentors throughout the program
- Weekly face-to-face online interaction with experts
- Personalized expert advice on course work
*Limited scholarships are available on a competitive basis to offset the cost of attendance.
Optional field course includes:
- Week-long immersion experience in the tropics
- All course materials, site visits, field exercises and facilitated teamwork
- Room, board, and transportation in the country where field course takes place
- It does not cover travel cost to the country where field course takes place or visa fees
Partial tuition scholarships
Program partial scholarships cover between 25 and 75% of the online tuition fee. Awards include:
- Leadership & Impact Award: Offered to select environmental professionals from Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America & the Caribbean, and South & Southeast Asia. Successful applicants should demonstrate how participation in this program will lead to real-life impacts for people and nature and how they plan to apply what they learn to a concrete initiative in the tropics.
- Career Development Award: Offered to outstanding individuals at an early stage in their environmental career. Current or recent graduate students and individuals changing career paths are also eligible to apply. Successful applicants should describe their long-term career goals in conservation and restoration and illustrate how their participation in this program will serve as a launch point for them to become an environmental leader.
- General Scholarship: Offered to outstanding applicants who bring unique leadership or life experiences to the program. Successful applicants will articulate what unique experiences they bring to the program and how their participation in the program will both advance their own personal development and enable them to impact others.
Three Cairns Fellows Program
The Three Cairns Fellows Program aims to expand access to YSE online certificate programs for individuals working on climate solutions in the Global South. Eligible candidates must possess primary citizenship from a country in the Global South, have professional and/or academic experience relevant to climate solutions, and actively work on climate solution implementation. Three Cairns Fellows award recipients receive full support for online program tuition.
Applying for funding
To be considered for a partial tuition scholarship or the Three Cairns Fellows Program, please complete the scholarship section in your main program application. Admission decisions are made independent of funding requests.
We strongly encourage applicants to explore additional options for funding their tuition, including employer tuition support and professional development grants.