Applications are currently closed. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when applications open for the next cohort.
HOW TO APPLY
All materials must be submitted through our online application system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the application materials or process.
To apply to this program, you must submit:
- Completed online application form
Scanned or electronic transcript (official or unofficial)
- The transcript should demonstrate completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree in any subject from an accredited U.S. college or university or the international equivalent.
- Applicants with a three-year degree from an accredited international institution are eligible to apply.
- Please provide a translation for transcripts in languages other than English.
- We will consider waiving the transcript requirement on a case-by-case basis for individuals with significant professional experience (at least 10 years) or for whom it would be a significant burden to obtain a transcript from their institution.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement and two short-response statements (see application for details)
One professional recommendation
- A recommendation from an academic or professional supervisor is preferred. We are looking for individuals who can evaluate your scholarship, professional activities, leadership skills and career goals.
- Listing yourself, family or friends as a professional recommender is not acceptable.
- It is your responsibility to contact your recommender and inform them that the ELTI Online Certificate Program will be contacting them with the link and directions for submitting the letter of recommendation. Your application file will not be complete until your recommendation is received.
The following materials may be uploaded to support your application, but are not required. Individuals who do not have the following materials will not be penalized.
Applicants may choose to submit:
- Documentation of coursework additional to a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Official TOEFL or IELTS test score reports
- Participants must have a high proficiency in English in order to learn from the written and recorded presentations, complete written assignments and engage in thoughtful discussion with peers and instructors during live sessions.
- If you have standardized language scores demonstrating English proficiency, you may submit your score reports to accompany your application. This material is not required.
Yale University's Nondiscrimination Statement
The University is committed to basing judgments concerning the admission, education and employment of individuals upon their qualifications and abilities and affirmatively seeks to attract to its faculty, staff and student body qualified persons of diverse backgrounds. In accordance with this policy and as delineated by federal and Connecticut law, Yale does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs or employment against any individual on account of that individual's sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
To participate in the program, you will need consistent access to:
- A computer, laptop, or tablet capable of playing audio and video
- Internet connection (recommended speed at least 600 kbps)
- A web camera
- A headset with a microphone
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (or equivalent programs)
Equipment and software are the responsibility of the participant and will not be provided by Yale University.
Read more about Technical Requirements.
All participants will receive access to technical support related to the use of the course platform and software.