Our application system uses Dynamic Forms. Before starting your application, please create a Dynamic Forms account.
- Click here to begin a new application.
- Returning user? Click here to continue or to manage your application.
In the application, you will be asked to submit:
- Contact information and biographical information
- Employment and academic history
- Assessment of English language proficiency
- Maximum three pages
- Include dates of employment, employers, titles, nature of duties and any significant volunteer experience.
- List original research work, reports or publications.
- Please indicate if each job/internship/volunteer position you have held whether the position was full or part-time.
- REQUIRED*: Scanned or electronic transcript demonstrating competion of a four-year bachelor’s degree in any subject from an accredited U.S. college or university or international equivalent. Applicants with a three-year degree from an accredited international institution are eligible to apply.
- OPTIONAL: Additional scanned or electronic transcripts (official or unofficial) from any other accredited U.S. college or university or an international equivalent you attended.
- Transcripts can be official or unofficial.
- Electronic transcripts must include: your name, the name of your college/university, GPA or grade information, the degree and date the degree was received. Documents may not be altered by applicant.
- Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by an English translation.
- Do not send paper copies of transcripts, grade reports or mark sheets to Yale University.
- Personal statement (300-400 words) Describe your goals, motivations and interests for participating in this program. Why are you interested in the program? What do you hope to learn? How will you apply the skills and knowledge learned?
- Short statement # 1 (150-200 words) What are the most significant challenges you face in your work related to the field of tropical forest conservation and restoration? How will your participation in this program help you address these challenges?
- Short statement # 2 (150-200 words) How will you adjust your work, professional and/or personal obligations in order to have the time needed to complete this one-year program? Please provide specifics, such as: when and where you will devote time to coursework, examples of how you have completed similar programs in the past and/or how you will deal with unforeseen challenges that arise.
- Name, title and contact information for one individual who can provide you with a professional recommendation.
- Your recommender should be able to evaluate your academic/professional work. A letter from a professor, supervisor or employer is preferred. Listing yourself, family or friends as a recommender is not acceptable.
- Your recommender will receive an email instructing them on how to complete your recommendation form.
- It is your responsibility to inform your recommender that they will be receiving a reference request from the ELTI certificate program and to ensure that their contact information is up-to-date and accurate. Your application will not be reviewed until your recommendation has been submitted.
Scholarship application (optional)
- We offer a limited number of partial scholarships on a competitive basis. We do not offer full scholarships.
- If you would like to be considered for a partial scholarship, you will have the option to submit an application to be considered for one of our scholarship awards. You will be asked to respond to a short essay prompt for each award type you apply to.
- Admission decisions are made independent of scholarship requests.
TOEFL or IELTS test scores (optional)
- If English is not your native language, you may upload your score reports to accompany your application to help further demonstrate your English-language proficiency.
- Test scores are NOT required.
Other questions? Contact us at email@example.com